It's Rich's birthday! We celebrated with the kids last night to "surprise" Rich since for his birthday I'm taking him out on a date!! Yes that's right we do occasionally date! :) (a big thank you in advance to Amy for helping!). Tuesday was loads of fun for the kids while we ran all over to get everything we needed. Off to the store where they each picked out two small gifts and a balloon they were sure Daddy would LOVE to have. Kaiya chose a Mickey mouse puzzle and a sticker book with paper crafts and a blue star balloon.
Jarron picked a small Sponge Bob figurine and a bright orange football with a red Mickey and Friends balloon. It's a little bit of a tradition that we let our kids buy us things that ultimately end up belonging to them. The goal: they pick out "special" gifts that they would like to play with us. It's really fun for them and entertaining for us! Rich loves pie and gave me three choices he was craving. We went to Marie Callender's and found a yummy chocolate cream pie. We had fun decorating a little and getting dinner set up while we waited for Rich to come home from school. When we saw him locking his bike in the back yard we hid behind the couch and waited....and waited....and waited. Unfortunately we forgot to unlock the door so he went to the front door and had to knock, WHOOPS! Look at how excited Jarron is about the gift Rich is about to open.

Here is a short list of the things that I love about Richie:
- a good listener
- mischievous
- funny
- sensitive
- decisive when I'm not
- knows when I'm at a breaking point and lets me run off with my girlfriends
- lets me sleep in
- gives excellent massages
- super smart
- hard worker
- amazing daddy who also loves playing with the kids
- makes me feel safe
- and so, so, so much more!!
Happy birthday!!

1 comment:
Finally some pics of Rich's new hair do! I approve, it looks great! Happy Birthday! Why didn't you tell us how old he turned?
Thanks for your comments on my last post, I love you and miss you so much!
Kel
Post a Comment