Friday, October 17, 2008

Santa Monica Beach

Thursday we fulfilled a long awaited promise to two very happy children. We've been promising them for weeks we would go. A reward for all of us once Rich was done with his German exam. Thursday the weather was warm and beautiful and we were ready to go. Here are a few of my favorite moments captured on film.

J enjoying an apple while taking a break from running around.
It's hard taking your own picture!
The kids chased the seagulls across the beach, running at full force. Watch out birds they're on a mission! It was very entertaining to watch. We stayed until the sun disappeared into the ocean. I love sunsets! This is definitely one for the memory books!

7 comments:

Jaymi said...

That looks like so much fun. I would love to go to the beach right now.

Jeannie said...

Don't you love that you can go to the beach in October? One of our favorite parts about living here. What a fun day for your family. And a beautiful sunset, too.

Mendy's Memiors said...

What would I do to have a day at the beach? BEAUTIFUL!! - Mendy

Christina said...

So beautiful!

Grand Pooba said...

Wow, are you sure you miss Utah?

How fun is that?!

You beautiful mommy you!

Grand Pooba said...

Just lettin you know I left you some bloggy love on my page...
:0)

Megan, John and kids said...

What a fun day! I think you did a marvelous job taking your own picture. And I love all the sunset shots, it's wonderful you guys get to do such fun things!