It was one of those days when I stood back looking at them and thought WOW they're really growing fast! My little man and little lady, these are the faces that make my heart melt. (jarron is actually a bit taller then he looks but he's leaning against the door)
The kids have a continued fascination with bugs around here. We spend a lot of time surfing the web for pictures of different types of bugs, finding out what th
ey eat, where they
live, how they grow. Wikipedia is one of my favorite places to answer their millions of questions. They love to watch bugs when they find them. Last week we were lucky to find two Praying Mantises near our apartment. One a few feet from the front door, the other camping out in our backyard. They even got to hold one of them.The Fair
We went to the LA fair for the first time since living here last week. Can I just say, Kids make everything much more exciting. As you can see Kaiya loves the petting zoo, this is her third one in the three years we've lived here. As you'll also notice Jarron does not like the petting zoo. Me "hey bud, do you want to pet the animals with me and Kaiya?" Him "NO" very matter of fact, no hesitation, just NO. Kaiya was in love with the chickens she kept petting them and trying to pick them up. I had a deer and two goats try to eat my shirt, YUM!



I made the kids one promise before going to the fair. The promise, we would get cotton candy!!!
A very sticky, yet well worth it sugary mess!

Before leaving the fair we went on some of the carnival rides. Rich took the kids on the kiddie coaster. Oh how I wish there was a video camera above them to record it! Jarron's face was full of pure joy and laughter, you could tell he loved EVERY moment. Kaiya was a different story, she looked scared to death, fear, worry, yet still trying to laugh or scream, couldn't quite tell which. I was in tears from laughing so hard. The giant slide, way fun, Jarron laughing the big belly laugh while Kaiya I'm not quite sure, we kind of left her in the dust. She's that dot in the middle of the slide although she did say it was a lot of fun when she reached the bottom :)



8 comments:
First off, I LOVE cotton candy! We went to Oktober fest and that is the first thing I looked for, real fresh cotton candy yum! Plus, like cereal, it doesn't count because it's just air ya know!
And about the season thing...I'll trade ya spots! I don't want it to be cold, I'm dreading the winter here. I'm California dreamin (Corny but I couldn't help it!)
Miss ya
Kel
How cute! Love and miss your guts.
Hey Heath,
I am showing Mendy your blog, trying to initiate her into the world of blogging. Love ya, talk to ya soon.
Jen
I love your kids! That is the cutest picture of them looking so grown up! And what a fun trip, you really are such a great mom, and what a great family activity! It's fun to see their different reactions to everything.
Looks like you guys having been having a blast! Will you email me at maryn.smith@gmail.com, so I can send you an invite to our blog? Thanks and hope you guys are doing well!
This post ended so sweetly. Instead of appreciating the seasons, fall brings a sort of dread in my mind. I just put aways all the shorts and summer pajamas and I am so so so sad that warm summer is over.
Hey Heath,
I love the giant platter of homemade fries that the whole family can munch on. I totally get Kaiya's love for animals. At the Utah State Fair this year JJ got scared on the Giant slide while Isaiah couldn't get enough of it.
Jen convinced me to set up a blog to keep in tough with the busy lives of the sister-in-laws. She didn't have to talk much before I was hooked. Check it out: mylivingston@blogspot.com -- and don't cry!
- Mendy
I am so glad I finally have your blog address again. I lost it and have been meaning to email you. Looks like things are going good for you guys.
Post a Comment