Thursday, October 16, 2008

Superheroes and Ghosts

Back in June I thought capes would be a fun & easy project the kids would really enjoy. I searched for a good tutorial and found one I liked here, bought the fabric and even started to trace it out and then summer hit. I lost my motivation and it sat around forever. (In case you didn't know, procrastination is one of my bad habits.) The sewing bug finally bit me again and I finished them. Then painfully waited two weeks to give them to the kids, while they finished earning enough stickers to get their reward. I seriously think I was WAY more excited then they were. But they did reward me by flying around the house "SSSSSHHHHH" sound and all for half the day. Since Halloween is coming up I thought it would be fun to do some Halloween crafts. We made these Ghosts out of Elmer's glue. This is Kaiya and Jarron in ghost form, or so THEY say. I found the idea on this site kaboose.

4 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Can I start calling you Martha? Or Heather Stewart? You've got to domesticate me!

The Cahoons! said...

Your capes are amazing! I made some for Christmas gifts, but let me tell you, mine looked like a child sewed them compared to yours! I love the butterfly!

Anonymous said...

They turned out really good. I like the star on the back of Jarron's. I don't seem to accomplish much over the summer, so I totally understand the lack of motivation.

Christina said...

Awesome! Thanks for the great ideas (to add to my list of stuff that I probably won't ever get to but really want to). It seems like you have twins the way that these guys are into the same stuff. So cute!