Wednesday, September 10, 2008

a fun day

Yesterday morning started with a run, kids in tow. They talked to each other and enjoyed the ride while I huff and puff and listen to some motivating tunes on my ipod. I use the word run but it was more of a run, walk, jog session which was the best I could do after being sick last week and not running at all. Then later in the morning as I was checking my email and the news, Rich told me our kids were camping. I looked out into the hallway to see them laying on their pillows and using the pillow cases as sleeping bags. I love that they play so well together, and I love being a part of their imaginary play. After 30min of playing by themselves they invited me to join them. "mom, don't you want to go camping with us?" Seriously, how can I resist! so I had a seat, Jarron handed me a golf club (so I could roast my marshmellow over the fire) and Kaiya reached on the wall and "turned" the fire on. We roasted marshmellows, and hot dogs and Jarron roasted a waffle because he doesn't like hot dogs. We then sang songs around the fire and climbed into our sleeping bags and went to bed. Kaiya woke us up and took us for a hike up and down mountains (the couches) and then we found a cave to explore and sleep in (the kitchen table). The fun part is seeing how "IN" to it they were, their sparkling eyes and giant smiles. I LOVE IT. It inspired me for more fun, so later that Night we went for a walk to the store and purchased chocolate, and marshmellows, oh and a campfire roasting stick. Then we came home and I roasted real marshmellows over the flame on the stove and then we sat and ate scrumptious, sticky smores together.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

yum I love smores!! Hope you are doing well. And are getting used to your hubby's bald head.

Megan, John and kids said...

What great, creative kids, with such a great mom! You're really so great to play along and just enjoy their imaginations.

jenlivi said...

Thank you for the amazing post.I could picture you and your little friends camping. It was almost as good as being there. What a great mom. You made me reevaluate how much 'play time' we have here. Thanks for the inspiration.

I Love You and Yours,

Jen

Christina said...

I love their imaginations. Waffle because he doesn't like hotdogs. That is a classis. Good job on playing with them. Mega mommy points for that one. We love smores, too.

Carla said...

Yum . . . we love smores over here too. How fun!

Grand Pooba said...

So when you say "kids in tow" what does that mean exactly? I keep picturing them running behind you trying to keep up!

Heath'e' said...

Ok how can I not laugh at that! Kelly your silly! Kids in tow means they sit in my double jogger stroller and I push them!

jenlivi said...

OK so it's been like three weeks. What are you guys up to? I want news and photos (tell Rich we're still waiting for his. . . and speaking of Rich. . . a big Happy Birthday today)!!!
Hope all is well. Love Ya,
Jen