Last month a girl I went to high school with, Stephanie Clark Nielson was in a terrible plane crash with her husband Christian and another pilot. The other pilot passed away and she and her husband were critically burned. She 83% he 35%. This story has captivated me for so many reasons. I did not know her in high school, I knew who she was and thinking back I remember she was one of those people who was always smiling, I also remember thinking she had an awesome sense of style and wished I were that stylish. :) My knowledge of this story started from a friend on Facebook inviting me to a group showing updates on them. As I started to read I was intrigued and I found myself looking and reading on her blog here and her sisters blog here. She could be any one of us, young (27yrs), daughter, sister, wife and a mother to 4. I have been moved to tears as I think how painful and scary it must be to have recieved such injuries. As a mother myself I can only imagine the worries and fears of their family as they do all they can to help take care of her children and help raise money for her recovery. My heart goes out to all of them. I have also been impressed with the goodwill, love and faith of so many in their behalf doing auctions to raise money for a woman they have never met. So I thought, I wish I could do something too and I realized I can.. it might be small but I'm going to make a donation to their recovery, and decided to post this story and add some buttons to my sidebar in hopes that YOU, my friends and family will read her story, be touched and find it in your hearts to donate however you can to help this family in need. Here is a link to the Today show that interviewed a few of her siblings this morning :Today
Go to Nie recovery to find out about them and auctions that are being held in their behalf or donate directly with pay pal by clicking on the donate to NieNie button.
Go to Nie recovery to find out about them and auctions that are being held in their behalf or donate directly with pay pal by clicking on the donate to NieNie button.

1 comment:
I'm on the same boat as you Heather. I did the same and found myself totally captured in her story and rooting for her and for what she stands for . . . in many ways she is the spirit of what we all hope and want to be . . . at least she shows that in her blog and that is inspiring enough for me. :)
Post a Comment