Saturday, June 5, 2010

one year older and wiser too..

We rang in the new year while at the cabin. The little kids got their own new years beginning with a toast of Martinelli's, followed by banging of pots and pans while marching around the cabin. They completed their celebration by giving new years hugs and kisses to all before being put to bed.


The adults played cards and watched what has become the new years tradition Napoleon Dynamite!  We then watch the ball drop, canoodle with our spouses and then do a midnight sledding run.  SO fun, only this year not as much for me. 
 
My grandma the "card shark" :)
 

With the new year comes birthdays too. Being 6 weeks from giving birth before your 30th birthday is not recommended.  Why is it that turning 30 seemed depressing for me?  I kept having flashes to when I was in high school and knowing people in their 30's and thinking "man they're sooo old"  Thankfully I have these cuties to help make any bad mood disappear.
As always Rich and the kids spoil me with my favorite treats, birthday balloons and a few other little gifts.

But this year with the help of my girlfriends, Rich also pulled off the perfect surprise.  A surprise party with friends.  Out to dinner then back to Teresa's house for cake, ice cream, friends and our kids.
If you want to make a pregnant woman cry on her birthday, THIS is how you do it!  I was shocked, and totally teared up when they yelled surprise. It was a fun night :) As for 30... I've decided it's just a number.
 
Miss Kaiya also celebrated her 6th birthday!  Six, I can't even believe it.  We enjoyed a lovely day at the park with some friends.
 



1 comment:

Taryn said...

I too was really sad when I turned 30. Kyle and I were staying at a beach house for a week and my birthday came during that stay. For all purposes I should have been relaxed and enjoying my day. That wasn't the case. I was pregnant and had just crossed a major threshold in life. That was 3 years ago and now I wish I was turning 30:)