Now that the summer heat is gone and Fall looks as if it may be here to stay in sunny southern Cali I think it's time to catch up on where we've been and what we've been doing.
This summer the kids and I flew to Utah. Rich stayed home to study but joined us after a few weeks and then drove us back home to Cali.
This summer the kids and I flew to Utah. Rich stayed home to study but joined us after a few weeks and then drove us back home to Cali.
We flew out of Long Beach. The Tiniest airport I've ever seen. Kaiya and Jarron were really excited about flying on "the big bird" (what my dad told them it's called and they kept calling it)
This was Jarron's first official flight, Kaiya's 4th but the first one she'll remember.
Here they are anxiously waiting.
This was Jarron's first official flight, Kaiya's 4th but the first one she'll remember.
Here they are anxiously waiting.
I love that they are all smiles and excited.
Then Kaiya notices the loud noise of the plane, notice fingers in her ears.
Kaiya has very sensitive ears to loud noises (the kid yells at me when I make bubbles with my gum) So the sound of the engine was making her nervous. After we got settled she lost her excitement and said "mom I want to get off now" I felt so bad because she was starting to cry. I promised her it would get better once we started moving and hurried and pulled out my ipod so she could hear music instead. It did get better for her, but she refused to take off her headphones until we were almost to SLC.
A special thanks to my big sis Tiff for picking us up and taking us to Grandma's house.

2 comments:
Wow, that is one unhappy face :( Poor thing.
The poor thing.
Post a Comment