Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Smores and Square ice cream

Other reasons to love the cabin. A night of cooking smores over the fire pit.
Warm and gooey, and oh so yummy.

Dad pretending to take a bite. My dad had a hard time on this trip. He had to be on a seriously strict diet to strip his body of iodine to prepare him for his upcoming radiation treatment. He would say "oh that looks so good" and "I wish I could have one bite" we felt a little guilty because we were enjoying so many good things he loves and couldn't have. (but then the guilt passed and we enjoyed our "forbidden" food)
Ella had by far the messiest smore face.
Pucker up Grandma!
Proof I was there. Really they were taking a picture of my smore, they said I won the award for the best cooked marshmallows of the night.
Brighton, well maybe she tied w/her sister because that's pretty messy.


I love these eyes! and I think he knows it.
My Dad keeps this old trumpet on his fireplace and every year Kaiya finds it and puts it to good use. I was pretty impressed with her ability to make it work.
After a 20-30 min drive we ended up in Idaho at a gas station/ice cream store that is world famous for it's square ice cream, see it says so on the sign ;)



Thank you Grandpa and Grandma for the yummy treat! Ignore the strange man in the white shirt that joined our photo.

4 comments:

jenlivi said...

It looks like you had a blast. I am bummed that we missed out on the square ice cream when we went. Your dad told us about it but we never made it over to get some. I hope things are good for you all. Your kids look yummier than the ice cream!

Christina said...

So from your title I thought you put some square icecream IN your s'mores. Which I think is genius.

Christina said...

Oh, and Kaiya looks so cute in her piggy tails!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Yumm I like ice cream in any shape or form! Looks like fun.