Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Vacation!

Well here we are a week into our Christmas vacation and we are all finally done with colds! YEA! So our trip started out Friday the 21st of December (I can't believe it's the new year already!!) Rich being fully involved in writing a paper and trying to get it turned in so we could leave to Utah, left me (not by choice but necessity) completely alone in the prep, packing, cleaning, loading the car, and running numerous last minute errands. Two days before we are to leave I take the kids out to the car to go get all our errands done so we don't have to do much but pack and clean the day before. As we approach I can tell our tire is flat, GREAT, as I walk up to it, it's not only flat, but slashed!! DOUBLE GREAT! because we totally have time for this. Hours later, more bad luck, Rich's laptop goes crazy and dies, yes and now we need a new one! Why does the bad come at once?? (just two things from the list of bad the 2 weeks before the vacation :P)
Friday finally comes and I get the car packed and the DVD player ready to go and blah, blah. Kids are watching a movie while we are waiting for daddy to get that paper edited and done. Finally 2:30 we are loading in the car to the school to drop it off. 3pm we've finally hit the freeway and are on our way. Phew, lets just say, long car trip! We arrived in Provo around 3 am thank goodness!! 7:30am Saturday the kids are up and excited to be at grandma's and grandpa's house. My mom excited to see they are awake gets them to come upstairs and play with her so we can get some sleep. So happy for more sleep, but no we are wide awake and it isn't going to happen. A few short hours later my kids have talked us into finding their snow clothes and my mom and i were out with them playing in the snow. How fun it was!! I loved watching them and how excited they were to watch the snow fall their first morning in Utah. "It's Christmas time mom, cause it's snowing!" Kaiya said.
Here are some cute pictures taken by Grandma of them playing in the snow and then enjoying hot chocolate.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in the snow. That's my one regret for deciding to go to Arizona and not Utah. I really wanted to let Kamryn play in the snow. But we'll have our chance soon. Girls Night Soon!!!

Eliza said...

are you in your jammies out in the snow? Crazy lady. No your not crazy, you're just a better mom than me cause I do NOT play in the snow with my children.

Heath'e' said...

yes ma'am I am in my jammies. I'm not going to get all in snow gear to play. My mom played more, I mostly took pictures, NO Gloves. But I do like to play in the snow. :)