Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Magic of Snow!

This morning as we woke up and looked outside we saw the rain. Kaiya was very sad because all the snow on Grandma and Grandpa's lawn had disappeared. My mom then asked if the snow had started because the news said it was suppose to snow 4-8inches between 9am and 11am. My dad and I started to laugh because it is so rare for that to be on the money. So 9:30 we are looking out the window and Kaiya says look at all that rain, as I look I notice it's snow! The flakes started to get more defined and big and within the 1/2 hour the snow is sticking to the ground! SO FUN! And oh so beautiful. My kids are like me, they LOVE the snow and demanded we go out in it. So Jarron and I in our jammies and Kaiya dressed, bundled in our snow boots and coats and went out to catch the snow on our tongues and just enjoy being out in it. I took some cute pictures, that I will add later. Then we came inside, Jarron enjoyed some hot chocolate and Kaiya got little chairs to put in front of the big window to sit and watch the snow fall down. It is like a calm blizzard outside. It has been snowing non-stop for over an hour and doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon. LOVE IT!!

Monday we enjoyed the snow a different way, Sledding! The first time for both Kaiya and Jarron. We(even Rich) went with my sister Tiffany, and her four kids and my sis-in-law Janae and four of her kids. We went to the bowl park (rock canyon park) in Provo. Lets just say Kaiya was fearless!! She went down these very steep hills with anyone and everyone. I'm pretty sure she went down with all the big kids and all the adults, and then climbed up the hill like it was no big deal. There were a few times that she needed a little help up, we were so impressed by her. Jarron was a different story. He didn't want to go down, he wasn't sure he liked it once we went down and spent the last 45 minutes crying at me and demanding we go home. But I decided it was Rich who broke him :) As Tiff and I were pumping up the last tube and the rest went off to sled Rich went down with Jarron and in an attempt to slow down stuck out his boots which resulted in a face full of cold wet snow for Jarron, followed by him screaming and giant crocodile tears rolling down his cheeks. I think until that point he was warm and kind of having fun, and then he just thought it was going to happen again and didn't want it too. Oh well at least it was mostly fun!
Again can I just say I LOVE THE SNOW!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you love the snow and all but we are having a great rainstorm down here. :-) We miss ya down here so when the heck do you get back?

Eliza said...

snow sure is magical...a magical MESS! I only enjoy watching it.

Eliza said...

okay...how about a post about your kidless getaway............

The Cahoons! said...

Hey Heather, I'm finally commenting so you can have a link to my blog. Thats awesome you went sledding! When I was in Utah I wanted to go sooo bad, but we decided it was better that I didn't being pregnant and all. I'm excited to have Kaiya in Primary now, hopefully I don't bore her to death with my beeeautiful singing