Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We have a kindergartner.

It's hard to believe. Where did my tiny girl go? She was SOOO excited for school to start. She was all smiles and ready for the day.
All the parents had to go to a meeting with the teachers and the kids got to play. When I was done this is where I found my bug. She was happy and having fun. I'm a sap, I welled up with emotion as I walked away from my "baby" to leave her among strangers. I thought I was going to be ok, but a few good tears needed to be shed. I wish I could blame it on being pregnant, but I'm sure I would have cried either way :)


Kaiya's first assembly.


Kaiya received an award for being a good student. She had no idea but was excited to see us at her school. Here she is with her teacher Mrs. Loftis and a classmate. We really love her teacher.
The school mascot makes me laugh. several times I thought the poor kid was going to fall down while trying to walk.


3 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Awww, a kindergartner? It's ok Hev, I cried yesterday because I missed my nephew and he only lives 50 minutes away, plus I just babysat him all day saturday and sunday. I can't imagine what it'd be like to send you baby off to school!

And look, she's already excelling!

Heath'e' said...

Ok so maybe kindergartner isn't a word. I was sleepy ok ;) Also as Rich would say it's a Heath thing to do, I like to make up my own words when I can't find one that fits. ;p

I think it's sweet you cried over your nephew! It's good to love people THAT much.

Love you Kel!

Janae Moss said...

Outdoors!!! So refreshing!