Saturday, July 12, 2008

Summer Vacation, Week 1 Utah

A week in Utah just isn't enough time, especially when we end up only visiting twice a year. We loved every moment of it. Staying up too late, kids totally off schedule, spending time with family and some friends. We drove from Cali to Utah Saturday June 21st it's about a 10hr drive give or take. We had lunch in Baker at the Mad Greek Cafe which is now one of my favorites!! The food was soo good and so filling Rich and I didn't eat anything until we were in Provo around 11pm that night. Sunday the kids woke and had every toy out in my parents house they could find within a few short hours. I seriously have never seen them so hyper, Jarron was shaking he was so excited. We spent the rest of the day in Tooele with Rich's parents,and siblings Steve N Mendy, John N Ali, Diane N Trever and all their kids. Here they are : top sad Kaiya, Haley, Jarron, middle Abby, Mercy, J.J, bottom Isaiah. They had a blast playing together!Monday we spent the day with Mike N Jen (Rich's oldest bro) and their family. The kids suited-up and jumped on the trampoline with the sprinkler and then had a blast on the slip-n-slide. We also had a yummy BBQ dinner and good hangout time.
Some of the Slip N Slide fun!

Tuesday we had fun with Janae (my sis-in-law) and Tiff (my sis) and all their kids running around the house, and swimming at the neighbor's pool. That evening we spent sometime with our friends Katie and Ryan while Katie cut my hair and our kids played together. Thanks to Katie for my new Doo, I'm loving it!! I feel so much lighter with 8 inches of hair gone!! This picture doesn't do it justice I think mostly because my hair is so dark, also the layers are more noticeable in person. If I didn't hate posing for pictures so much I would have waited and done a different one :)Wednesday and Thursday I went hiking up Rock Canyon with Mandy, Janae and Tiffany. I miss hiking with them. I was spoiled last summer when we were there for 2 months and got to go every other morning. It is so beautiful up there! We also spent these days visiting some friends and running errands. I enjoyed a park play-date with Jaymi a friend from HS. We had a nice BBQ with one of Rich's friends and his family.Friday and Saturday was Livingston family time. We had a relaxing reunion where we enjoyed good conversation, good food, games, water fun and more. Eliza did all the girls toes. (which is kind of a big deal since she hates feet!) Kaiya asked questions about each step to her sparkle toes and why Liza was doing it. We love our sparkle toes!! All the kids went on the blowup water slide for hours this was Jarron's favorite thing. A special thanks to Curt and Liza for letting us ALL come and run wild at your house. An idea of how crazy it was 13 adults and 17 kids! (only one family missing Diane, Trever & Haley, who needed to be away for a funeral). It is always a little chaotic to have us all under one roof but it is also a lot of fun!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Love the hair cut. Very cute

Amy said...

I also love the hair cut and can't wait to see it. Missed you at church today. (Oh, and love Kaiya's bathing suit...her and Kamryn both have good taste). :-)

Megan, John and kids said...

How fun! I love all the pictures of the kids, that was such a great idea! Also, I love the hair cut! My hair's getting really long now too, and I can imagine that having 8 inches gone feels much lighter.

Eliza said...

Is that the 2nd hair cut pic? It looks cute!

I haven't done my reunion post... I took no picks and have to steal them from you or Ali's flickr. Can I just tell you, Isaac was so sad for days after the reunion. He wanted Jarron and Mercy to come back and play. The caption on the picture of me says "lovely", um howsbout "Mean and out of her mind Host".

You'll have to report on the new cabin decor...I'm interested!

ksilkman said...

Love the hair you gorgeous women!

Heath'e' said...

thanks for all the compliments ladies! Amy I missed being at church but Kaiya is getting over pink eye so were laying low!
Eliza, yes that is the 2nd cut pix she added layers to it, and I went from liking it to loving it! I can send you any pix you want from the reunion Ali downloaded all of mine on her flicker too. Poor Isaac, but I understand. As soon as we got back home the kids started asking about seeing cousins. OH THE WITHDRAWALS!!! You're so funny you weren't mean! You were very fun and pleasant, 10 seconds of frustration does not negate that!!

Christina said...

Your hair is cute! It must have been so long. Being such the babe you are, you should love to pose for pictures. I actually hate it too but I regret not having any pictures of this time in my life.

Carla said...

You still look like the same beautiful Heather . . . wish I had the ageless good looks . . . :)