Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Friends

I have been fortunate to make some really good friends since we've moved here. One of the first friends I made, Jessica Land. She has been one of my best friends here. She can make me laugh when I'm cranky, be grouchy with me when she is too. She's fun to be with, a good listener, and an all around good friend. As is life her hubby graduated and got a "real" job, resulting in them moving to Texas this week. I am both in denial, and sad! I'm going to pretend she's not so far away and talk to her on the phone as if she still lives near by. But I'm sad because she won't be at girls nights, she won't be picking her kids up from my house every Thursday and chatting while they play, and we can't just hangout because we want to. The good news... we spent a lot of time together before she moved, and Doug's family is from here so they will come back to visit!

Here we are at a girls night out a few weeks ago.Me, Jessica, Teresa
Amy, Amy and Mindie
We also had a potluck at the park to say goodbye last Saturday, but I forgot my camera so didn't get any pictures. It was a nice day to sit in the shade and eat good food with our friends.

Kaiya is also sad that they have moved because Eva, Jessica's oldest is her best friend. When we told Kaiya that they were moving far away and she wouldn't see Eva and Lilly every Thursday and other days she burst into tears! It was SO, So sad!! "But why?" was all she could ask over and over and "but I don't want them to move!!" It broke my heart to see her so sad!Here is Lil, Eva and Kaiya.
Kaiya and Eva are pretending to be Ariel and the scarf and blanket on their heads is their "beautiful long hair" :)

So to Jessica, I love you! Thanks for being such an amazing friend. I will miss spending time with you, but will enjoy our long talks on the phone! Good Luck in Texas!!

No comments: