No I did not just pass gas! :) Toot toot is what Jarron calls a Tutu.
Over the past month I've been joining my friends Teresa and Jessica & doing a little sewing class with Sue who is not only an excellent/ basically professional seamstress but our bishop's wife. We're all at different levels of experience, which makes it fun to see, help and get tips along the way. Since my sewing days are back in High School (Make it w/wool & clothing) with the minor exception of a blanket or a dress-up over the years. I'm ready to warm up the sewing machine again. I'm not a creative, crafty soul that can make things up like the amazing Christina (who in my short time living near I saw do a many great thing, and quite frankly I didn't take advantage of learning enough from her!). But I'm hoping with practice and some guidance I might be able to get better and make some things to be proud of.
Kaiya has been begging me to make her a ballerina outfit for at least a week or more. So as promised my last trip to the fabric store I bought some bright pink tulle. Then I showed up at Sue's house and asked if she could help me turn it into a tutu for Kaiya. It was fun to wing it, I learned some tricks and now know how I would do it differently next time. But the end result, although not perfect is enough for a very happy little girl! Kaiya wore her new tutu almost the entire day. She had to wear this top because "it matched" and needed the bow to make the outfit complete! (this picture is the one she liked best of herself!)
Jarron the comedian back in action! Later that day I left the room and came back as he was slipping on the tutu. "look at my Toot Toot, mom!" I love how he posed for the picture with this mischievous cheeser! Funny boy!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Toot Toot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good job Heather! Jarron is a funny boy and Kaiya is a doll!
I have to admit, I like the picture of Jarron in the toot toot even better than Kaiya's, but she sure looks like a happy girl to have a mom-made tutu. What fun!
Aw, shucks, Heather. I really appreciate the compliment because I have been in a what-am-I-doing-with-my-life-I'm-feeling-like-kind-of-a-loser slump the past few days. Thanks! That is a great idea to have someone show you. There is a lady that wants to teach me and thanks to your inspiration I think I will take her up on it.
Aw, shucks, Heather. I really appreciate the compliment because I have been in a what-am-I-doing-with-my-life-I'm-feeling-like-kind-of-a-loser slump the past few days. Thanks! That is a great idea to have someone show you. There is a lady that wants to teach me and thanks to your inspiration I think I will take her up on it.
Post a Comment