First of all, thank you to my friends and family that have given me words of encouragement and helped me know that while a little crazy. My choice is totally doable. Also that many of you have made similar choices at some point in your lives, and that you have great faith in my personal abilities and attitude. That my friends has only pushed me to feel stronger in this choice. Some days are cramped and messy but the overall goal is still good and things are happening that are good for all involved.
For example: Kaiya started a Ballet/Tap class. Her first day of class I got goose bumps and almost cried, because I KNEW that I had made the right choice for our family. She was glowing, absolutely glowing with excitement and curiosity. She focused on everything the teacher told her and loved every minute. I knew I had done right by her. Jarron was also so excited for her, because he knew how excited she was.
Jarron started karate, again Kaiya was soo excited for him because he was excited. A month in I have learned, karate may not be his thing. But he's trying, and for a shy guy, that's all I can ask for. He says it's "boring" I think it's the individual thing and the teachers too. Although he did get his black stripe and wanted to stay in to earn his yellow belt. I think we are going to look into something else for him. I think he would be better as part of a team or group. Any suggestions??
I'm even am taking a class. A crochet class with my friend Teresa. It is so nice to have something that is just mine for a few hours. No kids, adult conversation, learning something new, I'm loving it. :) A giant thank you to my hubby for having an awkward schedule on that day so that I can do this. He is an amazing man, who makes sure I get some "me" time to keep me sane.
I have been surprised at just how busy I've been. I'm grateful for the slow days even if it still includes 3-5 trips. I've also started spending less time with the computer and more time with my family. Trying to give the kids some good one on one time and be present with them. I realized a few things in doing this. One, that a few minutes here and there on the computer add up to a lot of time. Two, that I live with some really cool people. I love hearing about Jarron and Kaiya's days and seeing how excited they are about different things.
Jarron is FUNNY, and can tell you a story about something that sounds so real you believe he's telling you the truth rather then just a made up story. He is so quick with his imagination. Kaiya is snugly, and just wants to rest and snuggle after a long day, telling stories and asking questions. She too is extremely imaginative and smart. Sammy, well she's growing too fast. Saying 'da da da" and rolling every which way. She tries to eat us, like we try to eat her cheeks or thighs, she is a smart and funny baby. And then my sweet hubby, busier then ever! We cherish every moment we get to spend with him. His time is precious, so I'm grateful that when he isn't at work, or studying/writing he is spending his time with us. He invests all his extra time into our little family, and for that we are so grateful!
***Post edit update: I originally wrote this post the end of September. I forgot about it and never published it. Now it's published. It's now 2 months later and things are still busy. Rich has been MIA for most of the past 45 days. You see he's in the middle of his major testing and barely has time to breath. Some days we see him for a total of an hour, some days more, some less. Good news he is currently taking test #2 and in a week and a half he will be done with the other two tests. Which means we get more Richie time :) Bad news kids have no school next week and he can't play with us. :(
Jarron is now a yellow belt in Karate! Kaiya still LOVES dance. and Samantha is CRAWLING!! That's right people, for a whole week now. It makes me happy and sad all in the same moment. I love the new phases and seeing her learn new things, but I hate that my baby is growing so fast!
I have a renewed respect for single moms. It's a hard job! To those who live it daily, I send you my love, prayers and respect. I'm grateful that it's only temporary for me. I could really use a mommy break, but luckily night falls each day and I get a hour or two of just me in the quite house.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Update: call me crazy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heather, I have enjoyed reading about all that you are doing and I think it's about time we hang out. Kamryn doesn't have pre-school next week and we are not going out of town for Thanksgiving, so maybe there is a day next week we could hang out?? Just let me know. I miss you and your family. :)
Post a Comment