Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The not-so-good times...

Hey all,

This is Richard here. I'm takin' over the blog for minute, because I know she may not feel up to blogging right now (and might not feel comfortable saying anything about this either). However, I wanted to let you know that we found out yesterday that Bob (Heather's dad) has cancer. He went in for what was supposed to have been a fairly routine surgery last Thursday to have a growth in his neck removed, and on top of the fact that it was much larger than expected, it turns out that tests determined it was cancerous. He's actually still in the hospital right now, because a few hours after they removed the growth, a vein in his neck burst and they barely got him back in the operating room fast enough to save him. He lost a lot of blood, and is still recovering, but he'll be going back in for surgery again this Thursday to remove his (cancerous) thyroid. Yes, if you're counting, that will be his third visit to the O.R.

Apparently recovery rates are pretty high for this kind, but given the serious scare last week, and the sheer terror that the word cancer has for anyone who receives that diagnosis, we're obviously very worried. So, (and here's the reason I'm writing) for those of you who are inclined to pray, please remember Robert H. For those of you who aren't, any well-wishes would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!!!

-Richard (very much on behalf of a not-so-happy Heather)

9 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh no. Hugs, Heather. I'll keep your family (especially your dad) in my prayers for sure.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

wE ARE PRYING FOR YOUR FAMILIES.So sorry, wish we could do more! Love you guys!

Jeannie said...

Such sad news. We'll be praying for your family.

Christina said...

I am so sorry, Heather.

Mendy's Memiors said...

Heather, I am really sorry, I know how much a dad means to his daughter! We love you and pray all will go well with your papa.

teresa p said...

Hugs and prayers, Heath. Hope everything is going well.

Megan, John and kids said...

Hang in there Heath. Of course I'll pray for your dad, I love that old bishop of mine and I hope that he pulls through this.

Hyeyoung said...

We're thinking and praying for you and your family. I hope all is going well.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

Havent heard from ya in a while how are things?