It's always nice to have family in my neck of the woods. Although we love seeing each other, our reason for gathering wasn't what you would hope for. My Uncle Ron, my mom's oldest brother passed away last month. It was nice to be able to join my parents, grandmother and sister to celebrate his life and support my cousin in this difficult time. I was grateful to be with them. I learned a lot about my uncle and his life that I didn't know growing up. But I did know he always had a great attitude and smile on his face. He is really missed.
The day after the funeral the my sister, K, J and I spent the day at the beach. We visited Laguna and Newport beaches. It was such a bummer to have the day be so grey, cold and windy. We still enjoyed ourselves even though we were cold.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Beach Day
We'll we were all cold except Kaiya, who beleives she doesn't need clothes or a jacket even if it is cold. "I'm not COLD!" "I'm at the beach!" to her it's warm ENOUGH if were at the beach!
We loved being able to spend sometime with our family even with the unfortunate circumstances. K and J's favorite part, staying in a hotel, jumping on the beds, as J lovingly calls it "the breakfast room" (He was so excited every morning to pick out his breakfast and get a waffle made for him.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am sorry about your uncle. Kaiya is funny about the cold.
Post a Comment