Friday, April 18, 2008

LA Zoo

My sister Tiffany and her family are in So.Cal for their spring break this week. We wanted to get together and do something fun while they were here, especially since we haven't seen them since January. After talking to my friend Amy (a So. Cal native) and getting a handful of good ideas we decided the Zoo would be a crowd pleaser for all and it was close to both so we were each only driving 30-45 min instead of a hour+. (They stay at Dan's parents house in Thousand Oaks). I don't know why but 1/2 the time Rich and I go somewhere new around here we miss the exit we need and get on a wrong freeway. I blame me, since I'm the navigator and have a tendency not to pay attention to where we are and focus more on the conversation with Rich then my surroundings. We missed our exit, didn't figure it out till we were almost at another freeway and had to drive in a triangle to backtrack to the zoo. Oh the joys! The Zoo was fantastic! The weather was perfect (mid 60's).
We loved how large the zoo was, although because we "meandered" we didn't see the entire zoo. We missed a small section that had the Tigers, which Jarron really wanted to see. Here's Christian, Kaiya, Avery, Addison and Bella (Jarron did NOT want to be in the picture!)
Any animal exhibit with the binoculars was Jarron's favorite. He loved trying to look in them. But I'm pretty sure he didn't see anything since we didn't add a quarter :). I think they all liked the spiders in a dark cave with black lights. Kaiya screamed when she saw a giant fake spider on the wall (I think she was teasing trying to get us scared) Jarron wouldn't get too close to some of the spiders, I don't think he trusted that glass. Then near the end there was a fake tarantula stuffed toy on the floor, when Jarron saw it, he jumped back fast. Outside the "cave" was this, Rich said they were totally laughing as they stuck their heads in. (being a little behind I missed that shot). I'll end with a picture of me and my sis Tiff, keep in mind this is NOT a very flattering photo of me not bad of my sister (hello black eyes) but since I am the one who is usually behind the camera (where I feel the most comfortable) there usually isn't any pix of me to prove I was actually there.Rich tells me if I wasn't such a camera hog, maybe I would be in more pictures ;-)

6 comments:

Amy said...

Heather, you look beautiful! I'm glad you guys had a great time at the Zoo. Oh, and don't feel bad about missing the exit. If I had been the one driving last time we went, I would have totally missed it. Worst marked exit EVER!!!

CLUFF FAMILY said...

LOOKS LIKE FUN! YOU ARE SO FUNNY! MISS YA...
DE

Eliza said...

Yay to fun! Yuck to SPIDERS!!

Megan, John and kids said...

What great fun. It just seems like time to take kids to the zoo. I too am a camera hog and am never in pictures, but it's fun to see a shot of you and Tiff. I can't believe how old Addison is! I still remember when she was born, but I guess that was back when we were in high school.

Carla said...

I'm loving the spider picture! And finally a pic of beautiful gorgeous Heather! ;) Looks like you guys had fun!

Michelle said...

Hey Heather, Sounds like you guys had fun. I'm all with Jarron--stay away from those spiders!