Sunday, April 27, 2008

A day at the beach

We spend Saturday at Newport beach...is 6 hours long enough? It was a lot of fun. The kids were very excited and had trouble falling asleep the night before. Kaiya came out of her room an hour after going to bed to use the bathroom and asked "is it Saturday yet?" When morning came they were up and ready to go at 6:30 but we coaxed them into another hour of sleep. (thank goodness!) When we reached the beach we set up and covered ourselves in sunblock and took the kids down to the water. Jarron started to cry as soon as the cold water hit his toes. He wanted me to hold him, and I wanted him to play so I held his hand and we took off towards the water....as soon as the wave started to come our way I turned us around and we ran for the beach! Then he was all smiles!! That was the game for the rest of the day chase the wave, then run from it before it gets you. We took our buckets and shovels and tried to build sand castles but Jarron had other ideas. He smashed or kicked all that we built, so we gave up and just let him dig in the sand.












Here's Jarron with Rylee, he wanted to sit in the big chair and as soon as he did she started telling him about all the fun she had with her daddy. Then she moved her chair closer to him and they just sat and talked to each other, it was TOO cute!












Turning Tears into smiles!
Kaiya pulling her legs up so the wave wont get her.
Some of the Girls: Karissa, Teresa, Jessica, Amy, Me, Amy and Amber (missing in photo Jenn, Mary and Jennifer)
We had a blast!!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh I love the beach! how fun! we live near the lake Erie Beach. . no where near as cool as an ocean beach.
Oh well that is what vacations are for!

Michelle said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I love beaches. Mmmm, warm sand between my toes....

The Cahoons! said...

I was so sad I missed out! It looks like it turned out to be a great day! I love the pictures of Jarron and Riley, they're too cute!

Megan, John and kids said...

How fun! I wish we lived close to the beach. And it was warm enough to actually go to the beach. I just love the picture of you and the kids! So adorable.

The Rambows said...

That was such a fun day. And Rylee flirting with Jarron still cracks me up. I should send you the picture of Rich and the "perfect fall." Oh good times.