Monday, March 24, 2008

NOT a good idea...

It is not a good idea to leave scissors on the couch after mending an article of clothing. You would think after being a parent for 4 plus years I could remember this. But apparently, not today. So as I noticed them sitting there I thought oops I need to put those away. As I went to pick them up I found a small pile of freshly cut red hair. OH NO!!! JARRRRRROOOOOON!! All I can say is I got lucky this time! That kid has so much hair that it really isn't at all noticeable, (except by maybe me) which surprised me because it was a good amount. Just glad it wasn't more. OR that it wasn't Kaiya, because it would have been very noticeable on her!

Oh the joys!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

This will not be the first time that one of your kids tries to cut their hair. Or tries to cut their sibilings hair. Sorry to say.

CLUFF FAMILY said...

YOU ARE LUCKY! MY NIECE HAS CUT HER HAIR AT LEAST 4-5 TIMES AND HER BANGS ARE NOW 1/2 INCH AND HER HAIR IS UP TO HER EARS. IT LOOKS CUTE, BUT IF SHE CUTS IT AGAIN, SHE WILL BE SHAVED! SHE HAS GOTTEN TO HER LIL BRO'S HAIR TOO. IT SEEMS LIKE ONCE THEY TRY IT, THEY ARE ADDICTED! WATCH OUT! J/K

Eliza said...

My kids have only found the trimmers for hair cutting. Looked like they were from the hood with their fade lines on the side. At least boys you can buzz and get away with it.

Jenn said...

You got lucky. When I was a kid I cute my hair a good 5 or 6 times. I had very little hair so when it got cute by me it was all over. Thus, I had short short hair for years.
I'm glad you can't tell because I LOVE his hair.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with my hubby Al, I've gotta hide all the scissors in the house or else I'll find hair everywhere!

Megan, John and kids said...

Ah, kids and scissors. I was quite the hair cutter myself, so I try not to get too mad when Eowyn does it. And, I try to remember to keep the scissors up, it's just too easy to forget. At least he's a boy and it's okay if boys have short hair.