I just wanted to Praise my academic scholar of a husband for his current accomplishments. On Thursday Rich had the opportunity to participate in a panel discussion themed "Does Religion Need Philosophy?" the panelists were Truman G. Madsen (Professor of Philosophy, Emeritus Brigham Young University), John B. Cobb (Professor of Theology, Emeritus Claremont School of Theology), and our own Richard T. Livingston (Graduate student in Philosophy of Religion and Theology,Claremont Graduate University) the discussion was moderated by Richard Bushman (Howard W. Hunter Visiting Professor of Mormon Studies Claremont Graduate University)
Rich did feel like that sesame street song "one of these things is not like the others" But only because he's just getting started and his resume is short and the other men have been in their respective fields for 50+ years or so. I thought he did a really good job, even though I do not truly understand all that he talked about :) , (for obvious reasons ;)of not being a philosopher, and have a hard time with some of it.) Anyway I think he did a great job. It's always exciting to see his career move forward!
Afterwards we were invited to go to dinner with these fine men and their wives and a few others. It was just a honor to be at the same table. But also so much fun to listen to the conversations and stories they had to share. I respect them all a great deal. I was lucky to sit next to Ann Madsen, who is a true joy to listen to and talk to.
If any are interested in Mormon Studies then you can check out this link http://rsc.cgu.edu/cmssa/
(Rich helped start this student association and is the president of the group this year as well.)
as my girlfriends would tease : GOOD JOB DR. LIVINGSTON! lol!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
A little praise...
Posted by
Heath'e'
at
1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations! thats wonderful!
That is so cool. Good job! That is an experience of many more to come that he will never forget. We look up to you guys!
Post a Comment