Monday, February 11, 2008

Disneyland!! California Adventure!!

On Friday we were blessed with the good fortune of going to DL and DCA theme parks, thanks to our very good friends Ron and Karissa, who are so kind to us! Thanks guys! we had a blast, and the kids were so fun to watch on every ride. This is the first time Jarron has been REALLY into it. After each ride he said "I'nna do it again" . I always take too many pictures, and then have a hard time just picking out my favorites so, there are a lot. Some are being put up just for Kaiya and Jarron. Be sure to click on the pix to make it bigger if you want a closer look. We started our adventure by riding the monorail in, our first time, and the kids LOVED it.The next thing we saw was Buzz and he gave Jarron a big high five and hand shake. (sadly camera wasn't out yet) I missed his supper happy smiling face. "That was Buzz" was all he could say as he walked away. We went on a few rides then headed to California Adventure. Jarron "lobes" woody and buzz but when we saw woody, he got really shy, and wouldn't look at or touch him (look at him cling to daddy!) We saw Playhouse Disney on stage and then Kaiya got to see two lady's she loves! Minnie Mouse and Cinderella. She was very excited especially for Cinderella, she just stood quietly in line standing so she could stare at her while she waited for her turn, very cute! We took the kids on the stuff they were big enough for at California Adventure. They liked it all. I took the kids on Flicks invention and took this supper cute shot of them while the ride was going, they couldn't stop grinning! I had to add this pix of Kaiya her face makes me laugh it is so typical Kaiya being silly. After looking around the CA park we went back to Disneyland. We went on the much loved tea cups, and all other rides in that area. Kaiya and Jarron are saying "HEY, what are you doing?" as I took their picture. Near the end of the night we finally saw the line at NEMO look less then an hour long so we waited, and waited, was it worth it? Well at first no, because as I waited in line Rich took the kids off to wander, which apparently resulted in Kaiya leaving his side and him franticly looking for her. Apparently 5 seconds is all it takes. Lucky for us the people in line saw his panicked face and said "theres a little girl that way" She was with a security guy. PHew! Man they are really on the ball! She told him she was looking for mommy. Any parent knows this is the worst feeling in the world. We are so grateful she was safe. Rich then was like lets just go. But I was committed to it, we were going and the kids wanted to. When we finally made it in and got going it wasn't long for me to feel it was all worth it. Jarron was glued to his window. "We're under the water!" he kept saying, he was so excited to see Nemo, Dorie, Bruce and the others. Watching Jarron and Kaiya made it well worth the wait! Near the end of the night as we watched the fireworks, I looked down and noticed Jarron was fast asleep. It was a very long, fun, warm day. We love Disneyland!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

That looks like so much fun. We are taking the kids to Disney World this year for summer Vacation. Can't wait!

Eliza said...

yay! So did you go on Monsters Inc.? OR did you take them in the Red Creek Challenge? My kids love both. I so can't wait to go.

Heath'e' said...

We did go on Monsters inc. The kids thought it was fun. we also did all the bugs life stuff and let the kids get wet in the different water places over there. But I'm not sure what the Red Creek Challenge is? We must have missed that part.

Amy said...

At first I did not know what you were talking about when you said "sky tram" They used to have a "Skyway" at Disneyland but took it down years ago. Then I realized you meant the Monorail. It is a pretty fun drive and you get to see Disneyland from a different angle. Glad you had fun.

Eliza said...

Yeah caught that too but decided to bite my tongue and let someone else make the correction ;). BUT I will say that you called it the monorail when you so nicely called me to brag.

Eliza said...

My parents are there today :(

CLUFF FAMILY said...

how fun! you guys are so lucky. We have not been there yet, but we will someday. Looked like fun. Glad you all had a good time and Kaiya was safe and sound. That is scary.