A few weeks ago I got an exciting phone call from my parents. They had a meeting with their mission president and he decided they could leave the mission field early to spend Thanksgiving with the family. Talk about a jump up and down moment! They thought it would be even better to turn this into a surprise reunion.
This put me in a scramble to figure out how to get there. Rich had a conference in San Diego and wouldn't get back until the day before we needed to leave. Because of this and work and school, he knew he couldn't go with me. But also didn't feel comfortable with me going alone. After a lot of talking, and a lot of help I decided to go on my own with Kaiya and Jarron! (thanks to Jon and Janae for the prepaid cell to keep in touch along the way!)
Wednesday Nov. 21 around 9am we set out for Provo. What a long road trip! 12 hours total with all the stops (YUCK). We stopped just outside of Vegas to eat lunch. To make things fun for the kids we ran around the grass, did jumping jacks, stretched our legs, and hopped like bunnies in the parking lot. I'm sure I looked like an idiot! But hey who cares my kids were all smiles and loving it. Thanks to DeAnna for meeting us at a park in St. George to chat and hang out. Even though it was freezing my kids had a blast! (pictures to come)
Thanksgiving Day. The big reveal. My siblings and I all knew my parents were here, but none of the grandkids did. I was able to sneak over to their house beforehand to chat for a bit. SO exciting to have them home! When it was finally time we had the kids in the dining room and in came my parents. I was outside trying to round up Kaiya and Jarron, but once inside Kaiya saw Grandpa first and ran up to him and gave him a big hug! It was so cute! I was worried she wouldn't remember them. Jarron wouldn't even get close not even for a hight five but I didn't really expect much from him since he was 9 months old when they left. Kaiya also gave Grandma a big hug and kiss.
It was a short trip but good trip. It was the first time in 4 years my entire family was together! We were just missing Rich and my niece Syd. I had lots of fun with my parents and my family! We even helped mom get ready for Christmas. one of my favorite parts, unpacking boxes with my parents and listening to stories.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Thanksgiving Surprise!
Posted by
Heath'e'
at
4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What an exciting thanksgiving!!!
You brave woman to tackle that drive but I would have done it too giving the circumstances. I wish we could have seen you but I'm glad you got to have all that time with your family.
So when do you come back? I love your background btw.
thanks Liz, I felt brave! I wish I had more time too I wanted to see you guys, but we'll be back soon. we should get there around the 20th! yea!
Wow, you certainly were brave! I've had to fly across the country alone with my two kids, and that was hard, but that's nothing to driving! But, that was such a great thing for you to do for your kids. I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted to miss it, nor would your parents. I'm so happy for you that you could be there! And of course, impressed that you made it happen!
Post a Comment