Friday, January 27, 2012

Flashback Friday: cabin trip June 2010

**Flashback Friday**What is it? My way of squeezing important moments in that I didn't blog about in the past**

"The Cabin" is one of my favorite places on this planet.  My grandparents built the original part in the mid 1960's. My siblings and I all have a lot of memories there.  Memories that come back vividly every time I'm back. When I was in high school my dad finally built it into what it is now. A very nice log home. The hill is now full of people who live there full time. The huckleberry bushes that I used to help my grandmother pick berries from are gone. It's more of a neighborhood. But the magic is still there for me. Sharing the history of the cabin as well as the beauty with my children is a true joy. I love that my kiddos get just as excited as I do to go there each year. A promise of cousins, good food, fresh air, four wheelers, helping grandpa in the yard, long walks with grandma, hiking, so much beauty, and much more. This particular trip was Sammy's first time. Too young to know the love in my heart as she experienced this first. But a joy all the same. Here are a few of my favorite moments from this trip.







No comments: