Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Mother Load

My amazing sis-in-law Janae started this Google group for mothers.
http://groups.google.com/group/the-mother-load
I want to invite any who are interested in joining the group. To explain a little about it and using Janae's own words this is her vision for the group:
"I finally did it! I have been thinking quite a bit about motherhood well for....15 years!! I don't feel like anyone is "ready" to be a mother. I think it comes with the beginning and ending of everyday. I learn something new everyday and am constantly looking at new ways to view things. Every situation is different, just as every child is different! To make this more exciting...every mothers home environment is different depending on where they live, who they live with, religion, who they are married to...if at all. You get my point. I don't think there is one right answer for anything! ANYWAY I decided to start a Google group for mothers. I want it to have a positive atmosphere! I hear mothers complain so much. I DO understand venting and trying to figure out situations. I DO understand being frustrated and even MAD but I also understand that motherhood is suppose to be a great journey. I even believe it can be a very happy experience if you let it! I have had my ups and downs like every other mother. If I have a weakness (and I do :) ) it would lean more on the side of not venting enough! I DO NOT claim to have all the answers, actually I would claim just the opposite. I know I don't have all the answers. That is why I wanted a place that we can all share and learn from each others unique experiences and knowledge. SO if you are interested, feel free to join in on the fun! "

I really think this could be a very positive outlet for a lot of us. Please join if it interests you!!

4 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Do mothers of furry children count?

Grand Pooba said...

PS

I love your side bar!

Heath'e' said...

Oh Kel,of course you can join too!! And Thanks! I thought it was a fun addition :)

Ammon said...

Hey Heath just wanted to say Hi to you and your family. Hope you're having a great holiday season.
Love ya all,
Ammon