Monday, November 24, 2008

Finding Joy

Our discussion in church was about finding joy in our lives. Our adorable teacher gave us each books to record our daily joy's in. I have a gratitude journal that I started years ago and write in from time to time. But not all things I am grateful for bring me true joy. This made me think about my life and what brings me joy. So in no particular order, these things make me warm and fuzzy inside and out. They bring me true joy while doing them or just thinking of them :)
Big belly laughs
Excited children
Christmas
Dancing little girls
Snugly little boys
Cheesy grins
"I love you mom"
Talking to my mom on the phone
The Wasatch mountains with bright autumn leaves
Family
Friends
Girl's Nights
The smell of Fall
Talking w/hubby
Hiking Rock Canyon with Tiff and Janae
Game night with the Moss Fam
The Gospel
Snow
Nature
Seasons (spring, summer, fall and winter)
Running barefoot in the snow on New Years (12:01am)
Sledding down a hill morning, noon, and night.
Warming up by the fire
Drinking Hot Coco
Music
My ipod
Blogging
Dancing around the house with the kids
Snuggling w/ hubby
A full nights sleep
Yummy food
Hugs and kisses from my little ones
Accomplishing a list of tasks
Creating something with my hands
Reading a book
Watching it rain or snow through the cabin windows
Being at the cabin
Visiting Utah
Watching sleeping children
Finding a gift that is unique for someone I love
Feeling needed
The Beach
Sunsets
Taking pictures
Disneyland (I'm just as excited as my kiddos!!)
Having some alone time (me time)
Talking to a friend I haven't seen in a while
Spending quality time with family (both immediate and extended)
Being a mother
And so much more. I hope that in writing this list it will help me remember the good in my life on the days I feel low or stressed about the other things. There is a lot of good and for that I am truly joyful, and completely grateful!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great list. Thanks for sharing. I love dancing little girls too. It's so precious!!

Jeannie said...

A great reminder that it truly is the little things in life that make it so wonderful.

Grace said...

love it! just reading it makes me smile b/c we share much of the same joys in life! love you!

Mendy's Memiors said...

I wish I could of found out about blogging a year ago. But I guess I can always go back to 2007 and read your entires.

So was this the talk given by President Monson? Funny that you bring this up because this talk recently saved me from a black hole that I feel I have been in for the last few weeks.

Love ya all! - Mendy

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing. Ditto on lots of those...

Grand Pooba said...

Awww, I love it Hev! I miss you!

John and Megan said...

What a great post! I think it's so wonderful to actually write down all the things you're thankful for, I know it helps me remember, especially on the days where the kids are not so snuggly, love and cute. I truly enjoyed reading this.