This is the best word I can think of to describe me and my lack of blogging! Slacker or maybe queen of procrastination :) Yes, that's right I'm back. First an apology... where most of you are enjoying February... I am re-visiting Christmas & New Years.
What happened? you may (or not) be thinking. We'll It all started with Christmas time. It is one of my favorite times of year. Growing up in Utah Christmas is cold and snowy and beautiful. So being here in Sunny Southern Cali was making me feel a little bah-humbug because to me it can't be Christmas time if it's 80+ degrees outside. (I know what am I complaining about, most of you would kill for this weather, I'M SORRY!) I just really enjoy the change of seasons and have a childlike love for snow! Well here it is the first part of our trip....
It was finally time, time to pack up the car using my serious puzzle skills that make most people ask "did you really put ALL of that in your trunk?" (I'll have to take a picture next time so you can see my amazing skillz ;p). What should have been 10 hrs later but was more like 13 we finally arrived to the snowy retreat I affectionately refer to as "home". Then even though it was crazy and hectic, running last minute errands attending Christmas parties, wondering if everyone would make it due to 13inches of snow dropped in one day! IT WAS BLISS! I was happy, it looked and smelt and felt like Christmas. I was with the people I loved and all seemed right in the world again!
A few days before Christmas we partied with Rich's fam. It was cozy and fun. Lots of yummy warm soup and other good grub. Low key conversation goofing off, the dreaded white elephant gift exchange not to mention some sweet family moments. I had my camera out for a few minutes.. here are the people who sat near me: clockwise, my sweet Kaiya, Jen modeling the dreaded long johns from W.E gift, Miles, Tanner showing his lovely earrings from W.E, Kaitlyn holding the newest member isn't she yummy!, Ammon displaying how we all feel during the holidays, and Issac.



Not to mention the new pj's and fun slippers!
My favorite gifts are bright and colorful! Red high heel mary jane-shoes from Rich. I love them... he teases me that I need to click my heels to go home, but knew they would make me happy. The other gift I love is a new cookware set from my parents, it's Rachael Ray and bright orange! They add some flavor to my bland white kitchen and somehow make cooking a little more fun.

8 comments:
It's great to get new posts up. I love how you grouped all the pictures together to see all the fun times you had. I hope that now you appreciate the warm weather better!
You're back. I was beginning to wonder...! Hey, I want Rachel Ray cookware. Cool gift!
I am so glad you posted! I was starting to worry about you. I took a while to get Christmas posted, too. Don't worry. Those PJs are so cute. Where are they from?
Yay! Your back! Can I just tell you how much I love that picture of your mom? I haven't seen her forever, she's so cute!!
I'm so glad we were able to hang out finally! Too bad Alli wasn't there. I've been waiting to post about our little get together until I've uploaded some more pics of us and I am totally procrastinating! Grrrrr.
I miss you so much Hev, thanks for planning this little get together for us! Love you!
Meg, I do appreciate the warm weather, but still love the snow and different seasons.
Mendy- I know right love my bright orange cookware!
Christina- I was glad to see you took a while to post Christmas too, it made me feel better, but it still took me too long. I got those pj's at The Children's Place LAST YEAR on clearance. I think I paid $2 each. I love that place!! Thanks to your introductions in Chicago!!
Kel- I thought it was a fun Pix of my mom too. I'm so glad we got to get together. We need to do it more!!
Love ya all!
I'm so glad you recapped Christmas. It feels more like "Christmas" now than it did then with this cooler weather. We also went to Utah right after the holidays and it was so fun sledding and playing in the snow. I'm going to add you to my blogroll, but I'm going to make you private. I don't like "strangers" to see my read life friends and family.
LOVE your blog background. Just love it.
I saw those awesome new shoes of yours on Sunday and forgot to tell you how much I like them. Very cute!
And finally, good job on the photo taking (both this post and the next one). Great Christmas documentation.
Looks like you and the family had a blast! We missed you while you were gone! Cute pictures.
Post a Comment